Research & development
With Lille Universities and the CNRS initiative, the Visual Sciences and Culture program combines a cross-disciplinary research project and an international-grade technological platform, which is labelled Equipment of Excellence (EquipEX, 2011).
A real opportunity for the Plaine Images’ ecosystem!
A research and transfer-innovation-valorization center for digital media and the visual field.
> An ideal place for social sciences and humanities, experimental sciences, science and digital technologies, artistic creation and the business world to converge.
A cross-disciplinary research cluster structured into 4 complementary departments:
- Virtual reality,
- Perception and Uses, to study perception, gesture-based interaction, emotional responses, and brain – behavior relations,
- Digital arts, dedicated to artistic creation in digital visual environments,
- A test lab aiming at contributing to technological innovation and developing the creative industries.
A platform opened to researchers and to all the site’s users:
- Double-curved screen for virtual reality,
- Thermal camera to study emotions,
- Goniometric suit to study artistic creations.
INNOVATION - RESEARCH
IN DIGITAL AND INTERACTIVE VISUAL ENVIRONMENTS
Leading-edge equipments set in 1,800 square meters space devoted to research and innovation in Human and Social Science, Cognitive Psychology and Neurosciences, computer sciences:
- To foster a technological cluster unique in Europe for multidisciplinary research in visual and cultural sciences.
- To promote an increased proximity between researchers, artists and image/digital visual professionals.
- To set up outreach initiatives bringing scientific, technological and artistic advances closer to the public.
- To facilitate the transfer of scientific works towards the economic world and creative industries altogether.
A «reception and uses» area, with vanguard equipments for the study of perception, gestual interactions, emotional response and brain - behaviour relationships.
An area for digital arts devoted to artistic creation in visual digital environments.
A Lab-Test contributing to the development of creative industries and technological innovation.
The Open Reality Experience (TORE), an highly innovative space for virtual reality comprising a double curved screen.