With Lille universities and the CNRS initiative, the Visual Sciences and Culture program combines a cross-disciplinary research project and an international-grade technological platform, which is labelled Equipment of Excellence (EquipEX, 2011).
A real opportunity for the Plaine Images’ ecosystem!
A research and transfer-innovation-valorization center for digital media and the visual field
> An ideal place for social sciences and humanities, experimental sciences, science and digital technologies, artistic creation and the business world, to converge
A cross-disciplinary research cluster structured into 4 complementary departments
- Virtual reality
- Perception and Uses, to study perception, gesture-based interaction, emotional responses, and brain – behavior relations
- Digital arts, dedicated to artistic creation in digital visual environments
- A test lab aiming at contributing to technological innovation and developing the creative industries
A platform opened to researchers and to all the site’s users
- Double-curved screen for virtual reality
- Thermal camera to study emotions
- Goniometric suit to study artistic creations.
INNOVATION - RESEARCH
IN DIGITAL AND INTERACTIVE VISUAL ENVIRONNEMENTS
Leading-edge equipments set in 1800 m2 space devoted to research and innovation in Human and Social Science, Cognitive psychology and neurosciences, computer sciences :
- To foster a technological cluster unique in Europe for multidisciplinary research in visual and cultural sciences
- To promote an increased proximity between researchers, artists and image/digital visual professionals
- To set up outreach initiatives bringing scientific, technological and artistic advances closer to the public
- To facilitate the transfert of scientific works towards the economic world and creative industries altogether
The Open Reality Experience (TORE) : An highly innovative space for virtual reality comprising a double curved screen.
A « reception and uses » area, with vanguard equipments for the study of perception, gestual interactions, emotional response and brain-behaviour relationships.
An area for digital arts devoted to artistic creation in visual digital environments.
A Lab-Test contributing to the development of creative industries and technological innovation.